SDO Full Form Is Sub Divisional Officer. He is the head of the sub-division of the government. organization. The post of SDO can be found in many government departments like Electricity Board, PWD Irrigation, etc. We can say that SDO is appointed in almost every government department. As the name suggests, he is a divisional-level officer who performs various functions. So, after the designation SDO comes to the name of the concerned organization or department like SDO PWD. SDO alone is equivalent to SDM (Sub Divisional Magistrate).
How To Become SDO
Employees of a department can be promoted to the post of SDO on the basis of their experience and performance. Apart from this, the recruitment of SDO is also done by the state government through PSC (Public Service Corrrrrrrmmission) exam. The minimum qualification required to appear in this exam is a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field. Apart from this, the work of an SDO depends on the department to which he belongs.
- The functions of the SDO (Civil) of a sub-division are almost identical to that of the Deputy Commissioner of a district. He serves as the chief agent of the Deputy Commissioner.
- He heads the development projects in the subdivision and plays a vital role in coordinating the work of various departments.
- And He can take decisions independently because in most cases he is solely responsible for everything that happens in his subdivision.
- The scope of his powers is as per the Land Revenue and Tenancy Acts.
- He also serves as Assistant Collector as per Punjab Land Revenue Act and Punjab Tenancy Act. And He also performs the role of Appellate Authority as per the demand of the Revenue Officers subordinate to him.
- He is subordinate to the District Magistrate and is responsible for maintaining peace, law, and order in his jurisdiction.
SDO Full Form: Eligibility to become SDO
You all know very well that the qualification for every government job is different and for that, some qualifications are set by the government. Similarly, to become an SDO, it is necessary for you to have some essential qualifications. which is like this –
If your dream is to become an SDO then for that you should have completed your graduation from any recognized university. To become an SDO, any candidate who has done graduation in the field of engineering, commerce, arts, science, etc. can fill out an examination form.
My Bangalore Mart, Large Scale Industries, E-Aadhar Card Download App, Scholarship.gov.in, Sanjay Leela Bhansali Contact, Digitize India, Stockx.com, List of 2018 Hollywood Adventure Films, Aahar Jharkhand.
Age Limit to become SDO
- The age limit has also been fixed to become an SDO. All the candidates who want to apply for this post, their age should be between 21 to 30 years. But reserved category ST/SC students are given some relaxation in age limit.
- ST/SC category candidates are given a relaxation of five years in the prescribed age.
- The OBC category candidate is given a relaxation of three years in the prescribed age.
SDO Officer Selection Test
To become an SDO officer, you have to pass three examinations, out of which two examinations are written and the last examination is oral i.e. Interview. If you pass all these exams then you will be selected for the post of SDO. Same if you fail in any one exam then you will not be selected for SDO officer. So if you want to become an SDO then you will have to work very hard for that.
The selection test of SDO is conducted in three phases which are as follows
- Pre Exam: This exam is the first stage exam of SDO. It consists of two papers of 200-200 marks. In this exam, the candidate is asked multiple-choice questions related to Mathematics, Reasoning, General Knowledge (GK), and English subjects. When you pass this stage then you are called for the second stage
- Mains Exam:- This is the second stage exam of SDO. The candidates who clear the first stage get a chance to appear in this exam. This exam is also written, and it is a bit tougher than the first stage
- Interview:- The candidates who clear the first and second stages are called for interviews. In this exam, you are asked questions by some big officials, that is, this exam is conducted to test you. When you pass this last stage i.e. interview, you are appointed as an SDO.
Responsibilities of SDO
SDO is the biggest officer of his department who is responsible for all the work coming under his department. Checks all the work done by the department and checks all the files related to them properly, as well as keep an eye on all the work being done under his department.
No work is done without checking SDO. The main work of the SDO is to complete all the works of the government department in a good way, as well as monitor the work of its field with the help of other officers. Apart from this, the SDO also listens to the complaints received by the public about small officers. The role that a DM plays in the entire district is the same role that an SDO plays in his department.
SDO Full Form: Salary of sdo
The salary of an SDO officer is around Rs 23,000 per month, in which allowances and grades are available separately. Many facilities were also given to the SDO officer by the government. If all types of facilities and allowances are added together, then the salary of an SDO can be around Rs 51,000 per month, while the salary of a senior post officer is more than this. Apart from this, other facilities such as a house, a free telephone facility, and a government vehicle are also provided to the SDO by the government.
एक एसडीओ अधिकारी का वेतन लगभग 23,000 रुपये प्रति माह है, जिसमें भत्ते और ग्रेड अलग से मिलते हैं। एसडीओ अधिकारी को सरकार की ओर से कई सुविधाएं भी दी गईं. यदि सभी प्रकार की सुविधाओं और भत्तों को एक साथ जोड़ दिया जाए तो एक एसडीओ का वेतन लगभग 51,000 रुपये प्रति माह हो सकता है, जबकि एक वरिष्ठ डाक अधिकारी का वेतन इससे अधिक होता है। इसके अलावा सरकार द्वारा एसडीओ को अन्य सुविधाएं जैसे एक घर, एक मुफ्त टेलीफोन सुविधा और एक सरकारी वाहन भी प्रदान किया जाता है।
SDO Full Form: Scope of Sub Divisional Officer (SDO)
Sub-divisional officers (SDOs) are appointed by the government in each department of the government. SDOs are appointed in all departments of the government like Social Welfare, PWD, Irrigation Department, Electricity Department, Agriculture Department, and all other departments. It is necessary to know here that in whichever department you want to become an SDO, you must have special qualifications in the field related to it. The scope of work of the sub-divisional officer is huge. Under this, all the work of that department is done. He has to take all the decisions related to the department. The responsibility of monitoring whether the work is being done according to the government standards is also on his shoulders. He is responsible and accountable for the smooth running of the work and all other related works. In this way, he is a very important officer related to the department of the government.