SAP Full Form:- Founded in 1972, the company was initially called Systems Analysis Program Development, later abbreviated as SAP. Since then, it has grown from a small, five-person effort to a multinational enterprise headquartered in Waldorf, Germany, with more than 105,000 employees worldwide.
With the introduction of its native SAP R/2 and SAP R/3 software, SAP established the global standard for enterprise resource planning (ERP) software. Now, SAP S/4HANA takes ERP to the next level by harnessing the power of in-memory computing to process large amounts of data and support advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning.
The company’s integrated applications combine all parts of the business into one intelligent suite on a fully digital platform, thereby replacing process-driven, legacy platforms. Today, SAP has over 230 million cloud users, over 100 solutions covering all business functions, and the largest cloud portfolio of any provider.
1972 में स्थापित, कंपनी को शुरू में सिस्टम एनालिसिस प्रोग्राम डेवलपमेंट कहा जाता था, जिसे बाद में SAP के रूप में संक्षिप्त किया गया। तब से, यह दुनिया भर में 105,000 से अधिक कर्मचारियों के साथ, वाल्डोर्फ, जर्मनी में मुख्यालय वाले एक बहुराष्ट्रीय उद्यम के लिए एक छोटे, पांच-व्यक्ति के प्रयास से विकसित हुआ है।
अपने मूल SAP R/2 और SAP R/3 सॉफ़्टवेयर की शुरुआत के साथ, SAP ने एंटरप्राइज़ रिसोर्स प्लानिंग (ERP) सॉफ़्टवेयर के लिए वैश्विक मानक स्थापित किया। अब, SAP S/4HANA बड़ी मात्रा में डेटा को संसाधित करने और कृत्रिम बुद्धिमत्ता (AI) और मशीन लर्निंग जैसी उन्नत तकनीकों का समर्थन करने के लिए इन-मेमोरी कंप्यूटिंग की शक्ति का उपयोग करके ERP को अगले स्तर तक ले जाता है।
कंपनी के एकीकृत एप्लिकेशन व्यवसाय के सभी हिस्सों को पूरी तरह से डिजिटल प्लेटफॉर्म पर एक इंटेलिजेंट सूट में जोड़ते हैं, जिससे प्रक्रिया-संचालित, लीगेसी प्लेटफॉर्म की जगह लेते हैं। आज, SAP के 230 मिलियन से अधिक क्लाउड उपयोगकर्ता हैं, सभी व्यावसायिक कार्यों को कवर करने वाले 100 से अधिक समाधान, और किसी भी प्रदाता का सबसे बड़ा क्लाउड पोर्टफोलियो।
What is SAP Software
SAP Software is a European multinational company, founded in 1972 by Wellenreuther, Hopp, Hector, Plattner and Tschira. The SAP software suite maps financial, logistics, sales, human resources and many other business processes. SAP Software is the market leader in ERP systems, helping companies of all sizes better manage complex business processes by giving employees from different departments easy access to real-time insights into the enterprise.
History and Development of SAP:
- SAP was founded in 1972 by Wellenreuther, Hector, Hope, Plattner and Tschira.
- Previously it was called Systems Analysis and Program Development (German: Systems Analysis und Programmentwikung), then it was renamed SAP.
- 1972 – When the first version launched. The SAP company has a revenue of $0.3 million with only nine employees.
- 1979 – The R/2 mainframe version is launched. Revenue reached 5.1 million with 60 employees and 50 customers in two countries.
- 1992 – The R/3 client/server version is launched. The revenue figure reached 6,266 million. The workforce reaches approximately 3200 with approximately 2800 customers in 35 countries.
- 1999 – mySAP.com started with One Step Business. The company’s revenue increased to 7341 billion and the number of employees reached 25,000. The customer base extends to 15,000 customers in 120+ countries.
Also Read:– NRC Full Form
Benefits of SAP:
- SAP system removes duplicate data.
- Business processes are standardized.
- Planning, tracking, scheduling and management become easy.
- Enables integration with e-commerce.
- Cost-effective as it reduces administrative expenses.
- Helps automate reporting and monitoring of projects
- SAP helps in enhancing customer service through better customer interaction.
- Provides uniformity across the board.
- Increases efficiency, productivity and better management of resources.
Disadvantages of SAP:
- Implementation of ERP can be costly for a small organization. Therefore, it is quite expensive to buy and implement.
- SAP systems are always complex; Therefore, some organizations may not make adjustments accordingly.
- You need to hire experts to maintain the SAP system.
FAQs on SAP Full Form
What is the full form of ERP?
ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning. SAP provides ERP software for managing business processes and data processing.
What is the use of SAP software?
SAP software is used by small businesses, medium-sized companies and large corporations for data management and data processing.
How to learn SAP?
SAP offers various courses and certifications on various SAP modules through an online mode of training.
Who can learn SAP?
Anyone with a bachelor’s degree can obtain SAP courses and certifications by:
We hope that this article on SAP Full Form serves the purpose of helping you understand the topics. If you have any queries or feedback then do let us know about it in the comment section below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Also Read:- APL Full Form
What are other software similar to SAP?
SAP is a global leader in ERP software technology. However, there are more popular and most used alternatives to SAP in the market. These are considered software companies similar to SAP:
- working day
- service now
Interesting facts about SAP?
1. SAP provides services to over 12 million consumers and helps them manage their businesses.
2. Customers using SAP are a time to make 52% more movies in the world.
3. SAP customers are reported to produce 65% more televisions worldwide
4. SAP provides one product for various solutions such as
- ERP and Finance.
- digital supply chain.
- HR and People Engagement.
- Network and expense management.
- CRP and Customer Experience.
- digital transformation.
- Business Technology Platform.
- Small and medium-sized enterprises etc.