PO Full Form Is Probationary Officer. It is an entry-level post offered to new recruits in Indian banks. This post is known as Probationary Officer because freshers who are newly recruited in this post are served for a fixed period of probation.
During the period of probation, the trainee has to complete the tasks assigned by his superiors and work in various areas of the bank like account opening, check processing, foreign exchange, loans, credit rating, treasury, etc. During this entire probationary period, the Bank reserves the right to terminate the employee from his service.
Banking Jobs are quite popular these days. One of these profiles is a Probationary Officer in the bank. They are also called Junior Management Grade-1 (JMG-Scale 1) in the banking sector. During the probationary period, the trainee will have to complete the tasks assigned by his superiors and work in various areas of banks like account opening, check processing, currency exchange, loans, credit rating, treasury, etc. During the entire probationary period, the Bank reserves the right to remove the employee from his/her service.
यह भारतीय बैंकों में नई भर्तियों के लिए दिया जाने वाला एक प्रवेश स्तर का पद है। इस पद को परिवीक्षाधीन अधिकारी के रूप में जाना जाता है क्योंकि इस पद पर नए भर्ती होने वालों को परिवीक्षा की एक निश्चित अवधि के लिए सेवा दी जाती है।
परिवीक्षा की अवधि के दौरान, प्रशिक्षु को अपने वरिष्ठों द्वारा सौंपे गए कार्यों को पूरा करना होता है और बैंक के विभिन्न क्षेत्रों जैसे खाता खोलना, चेक प्रसंस्करण, विदेशी मुद्रा, ऋण, क्रेडिट रेटिंग, ट्रेजरी आदि में काम करना होता है। इस पूरी परिवीक्षा अवधि के दौरान, बैंक कर्मचारी को उसकी सेवा से समाप्त करने का अधिकार सुरक्षित रखता है।
Also Read:- MSP Full Form
A candidate who wants to apply for Bank PO must be a graduate of a recognized university. There is also an age limit for the candidates who applied for this entrance exam but there is some caste-wise relaxation in age. For example, OBC candidates get 3 years of relaxation and SC/ST students get 5 years of relaxation.
- An applicant who wants to apply for Bank PO must have a bachelor’s or master’s certificate from a reputed and recognized institution.
- Candidates waiting for the result of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or any other examination can also apply for the entrance test.
- There is also an age limit for the candidates to apply for this entrance exam. The minimum age to appear in this exam is 20 years or above. Relaxation up to the age of 5 years is also provided for some categories. For example, OBC candidates get 3 years of relaxation and SC/ ST candidates get 5 years of relaxation.
- Candidates should not have any kind of criminal history or civil offense and should not have any negative history.
Bank PO exam
Every year all governments, as well as private banks, conduct Bank PO exams to recruit young officers. The major banks participating in this process are listed below:
- State Bank of India
- Allahabad Bank
- Bank Of Baroda
- Bank Of Maharashtra
- Punjab National Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- ICICI Bank
- Cooperative bank
- Sahyog Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- HDFC bank
Who is a Probationary Officer?
When new candidates who are recruited in the bank join as officers, the entry-level post provided by the bank to them is the post of Probationary Officer. The Probationary Officer works in the bank under a probation period of 2 years, in which he works in different areas of the bank. After completing 2 years of training, he is promoted to Assistant Manager in a bank branch.
PO Full Form: PO’s functions
- The work of PO is very effective, its role in the bank is the best. It does its job very well, here we will tell you about the work of PO.
- Providing loans – One of the functions of PO is also that he provides loans to the customers.
- Keeping other information – The PO also has to keep knowledge of other areas like credit, marketing, accounting, finance, etc. PO also has to be kept.
- Providing services to customers – PO also has to take care of the facilities of the customers who provide them banking facilities, like ATM card, checkbook, passbook and customer problems, cash transaction cases, account-related issues, etc. . Provides related information.
PO Full Form: Disadvantages
- Even for smaller orders, PO is required to be made, and seems to be unnecessary paperwork for such small orders.
- Generating purchase orders is a time-consuming process.
- PO helps the buyer to place orders for the goods and services that he wants to buy without paying.
- It helps in tracking the orders and avoids duplication of orders.
- It is an important document that forms part of the audit trail.
- For a seller, it is helpful to get information about the requirements of the buyer.
- Actual delivery can be checked with the purchase order, and any discrepancy can be questioned.
- PO acts as a legal document that certifies the agreed terms for the purchase of goods or services.
- Even for small orders, a PO is required to be created and there seems to be unnecessary paperwork for such small orders.
- Generating a purchase order is a time-consuming process.
Also Read:- BRB Full Form
FAQ’S On PO Full Form
What is the role of PO in a bank?
A Bank PO has to work as a Public Relations Officer, handling customer complaints and resolving various customer-related issues. It also includes managerial functions like supervision of employees under clerical cadre. Manage cash flow, loans, mortgages, and finance.
एक बैंक पीओ को एक जनसंपर्क अधिकारी के रूप में काम करना होता है, जो ग्राहकों की शिकायतों को संभालता है और ग्राहक से संबंधित विभिन्न मुद्दों को हल करता है। इसमें लिपिक संवर्ग के तहत कर्मचारियों की देखरेख जैसे प्रबंधकीय कार्य भी शामिल हैं। नकदी प्रवाह, ऋण, बंधक और वित्त का प्रबंधन करें।
What is PO Course?
He is a Junior Manager of Grade I scale and hence called a Scale I Officer. After the selection criteria are met, a Probationary Officer has to undergo an intensive training program at the Institute of Banking Management where they are trained. The probation period of a PO can last up to 2 years.
वह ग्रेड I स्केल के जूनियर मैनेजर हैं और इसलिए उन्हें स्केल I ऑफिसर कहा जाता है। चयन मानदंड पूरे होने के बाद, एक परिवीक्षाधीन अधिकारी को बैंकिंग प्रबंधन संस्थान में एक गहन प्रशिक्षण कार्यक्रम से गुजरना पड़ता है जहां उन्हें प्रशिक्षित किया जाता है। एक पीओ की परिवीक्षा अवधि 2 साल तक चल सकती है।
How can I apply for the PO exam?
The steps to apply for the exam are given below:
- Online IBPS PO Registration. Go to IBPS. in and click on ‘CWE PO/MT.
- Filling the IBPS PO Application Form 2022. ,
- Uploading documents. ,
- Choose Organization Preference. ,
- Pay the IBPS PO Application Fee.