HAL Full Form:- The full form of HAL is Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. Bangalore, India, is home to the state-owned Indian aerospace and defence company HAL. It is managed by the Indian Ministry of Defence. Currently, the government-owned corporation is active in the design, manufacture and production of aeroplanes, Also, helicopters, jet engines and their replacement parts. Its primary business is aerospace. There are multiple facilities spread across India including Bangalore, Kanpur, Nashik, Koraput, Korwa, Lucknow, Kasargod and Hyderabad.
History of HAL
- On December 23, 1940, Walchand Hirachand established the Hindustan Aircraft Limited in Bangalore. The first office was located in the “Eventide” house on Domlur Road.
- The government started World War II in March 1941. India recognized the strategic importance of HAL and acquired the third owner of the company.
- In December 1945, the company came under the administrative supervision of the Ministry of Industry and Supply.
- In January 1951, it was transferred to the administrative supervision of the Ministry of Defence.
- Also, Dr V.M. Ghatge oversaw the construction of the HT-2 trainer aircraft, which began operations in August 1951.
- While AIL (Aeronautics India Limited), a company owned and operated by the Government of India, was established in August 1963 to start manufacturing MiG-21 aircraft there.
- In October 1964, Hindustan Aircraft Limited and Aeronautics India Limited merged, giving rise to HAL.
- In Bangalore, a separate HAL division was set up in 1970 to work on the development of the Cheetah and Chetak helicopters.
- Hyderabad-based Avionics Design Bureau was established in 1971 for research and production of UHF, IFF, HF, Radio Altimeter and other avionics products.
- Following a licensing agreement with British Aerospace, it began production of the “Jaguar” aircraft in 1979.
- It agreed with the USSR in 1982 to produce the swing-wing MiG-27M.
- A separate HAL department was established in 1988 to support the country’s space programmes.
- In March 2007, a new ACD (Aircraft Composites Division) was created to develop composite materials for their own internal purposes, including LCA, ALH, etc.
- In March 2014, a separate LCA (Light Combat Aircraft) Tejas unit was set up in Bangalore to produce the LCA.
What are the Functions of HAL Full Form
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has various operations and functions. The company has been involved in the design, development, manufacture, repair and overhaul of aircraft, helicopters and their engines. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has also been involved in the production of aero-engines, avionics, aircraft and helicopter sub-systems, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited is a pioneer in the aviation sector.
International Agreements of HAL
Also, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has always been at the forefront of aviation technology. It has entered into various international agreements with other major aircraft manufacturers such as Boeing, Airbus, Dassault Aviation, Embraer and Sukhoi to share technology and develop new aircraft. HAL has also partnered with Rolls-Royce to manufacture engines.
HAL’s Domestic Agreements
Apart from international agreements, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has various domestic elements as well. One such element is the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) shareholding pattern. The HAL shareholding pattern is as follows:
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited – 72.92%
- Life Insurance Corporation of India – 12.65%
- State Bank of India – 0.40%
- Other Indian Financial Institutions – 0.29%
- Foreign Institutional Investors – 13.24%
The shareholding pattern of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited is a clear indication of the company’s strong ties with the Government of India. HAL is a PSU and the majority stakeholder is Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, a government-owned enterprise. Also, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has a long history of partnership with the Government of India and has been the go-to company for aviation-related needs.
Products: HAL Full Form
HAL is produced by the Indian Air Force, the Indian Army and the Coast Guard. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has three divisions:
Aircraft: This division is responsible for the design, development, manufacture, repair and overhaul of aircraft, helicopters and aero-engines.
Avionics: This division manufactures avionics systems, airborne radars and electro-optical sensors
Aerospace: Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has a joint venture with Rolls-Royce Plc called Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Rolls-Royce Aerospace Limited. The division manufactures aerostructures, engine components and landing gear for civil aircraft. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited also manufactures microlight aircraft.
- customer satisfaction
- innovation and creativity
- trust and team spirit
- respect for the person
- cost and time consciousness
- commitment to quality
- respect for the person
What is Hindustan Aeronautics Limited?
So, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is an Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka. It is involved in the design, development and manufacture of a wide range of aerospace products including aircraft, helicopters, aero-engines and aviation components. Also, HAL is governed under the management of the Indian Ministry of Defense and is one of the largest aerospace companies in Asia. It has played an important role in the development of the aerospace industry in India and has a long history of collaboration with international aerospace companies.
Who Founded Hindustan Aeronautics Limited: HAL Full Form
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) was established on December 23, 1940, as Hindustan Aircraft Limited. Also, It was established with the support of the Government of India with the aim of building a domestic aircraft industry in India. So, The company was initially established during World War II to assemble Supermarine Spitfire aircraft for the Royal Air Force. After the war, it began manufacturing aircraft and aviation components under license from foreign companies and later developed the capability to design and manufacture its own products. In 1964, the company was renamed Hindustan Aeronautics Limited to reflect its expanded capabilities in the aerospace sector.
Why was Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Established?
So, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) was established in 1940 with the objective of building a domestic aircraft industry in India with the support of the Government of India. At the time, there was a need to domestically source aircraft and related components in India, as the country was heavily dependent on imports. The company was established as Hindustan Aircraft Limited and was initially set up to assemble Supermarine Spitfire aircraft for the Royal Air Force during World War II. Also, After the war, it began manufacturing aircraft and aviation components under license from foreign companies and later developed the capability to design and manufacture its own products. The establishment of HAL was seen as a significant step in the development of the Indian aerospace industry and reduce the country’s dependence on imports.
Internal Structure of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
Some of the main divisions of HAL include:
- Aerospace Division: This division is responsible for the design, development and manufacture of aircraft, helicopters and aero-engines.
- Helicopter Division: This division is responsible for the design, development and manufacture of helicopters.
- Aero-Engines Division: This division is responsible for the design, development and manufacture of aero-engines.
- Aviation Components Division: This division is responsible for manufacturing aviation components and sub-assemblies.
- Overhaul Division: This division is responsible for the repair and overhaul of aircraft and helicopter engines as well as other aviation components.
Objectives of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited: HAL Full Form
The main objectives of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) are:
- To design, develop, manufacture, repair and overhaul a wide range of aerospace products including aircraft, helicopters, aero-engines and aviation components.
- Providing support and maintenance services for aerospace products.
- Also, To carry out research and development activities in the field of aerospace technology.
- To collaborate with international aerospace companies and organizations to exchange knowledge and technology.
- To contribute to the development of the aerospace industry in India and the country’s defence capabilities.
- So, To generate profits and returns for the shareholders.
Functions of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
Some of its major functions include:
- Design, development and manufacture of aircraft, helicopters, aero-engines and aviation components: HAL has the capability to design and manufacture a wide range of aerospace products including fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters as well as their engines and other components.
- Repair and overhaul of aerospace products: HAL provides repair and overhaul services for a wide variety of aerospace products including aircraft, helicopters and engines.
- Also, Testing and Certification of Aerospace Products: HAL has the necessary facilities and expertise to test and certify aerospace products to meet the required standards.
- Research and Development: HAL is involved in research and development activities to advance state-of-the-art technology in aerospace technology and develop new products and capabilities.
- So, Maintenance and Support Services: HAL provides maintenance and support services for aerospace products manufactured by it as well as those made by other companies.
FAQs on HAL Full Form
What is HAL in Defence?
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is an Indian public-sector aerospace and defence company headquartered in Bangalore. Established on 23 December 1940, HAL is one of the world’s oldest and largest aerospace and defence manufacturers.
Is HAL a government job?
Also, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited is an Indian state aerospace and defence company headquartered in Bangalore, India. It is under the management of the Indian Ministry of Defence.
How can I join HAL?
So, Candidates must have 4 years Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in Aeronautical, Electrical, Electronics & Mechanical with different specializations. Candidates having 5 years degree in a relevant discipline and branch of engineering are also eligible to apply for the post of HAL Design Trainee.
Do HAL employees get pensions?
Also, Bangalore: Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has introduced a Contributory Pension Scheme for all its officers who retired with effect from January 1, 2007.
How to join HAL without GATE?
HAL Recruitment 2022 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates should have completed SSLC/ PUC with Diploma in X-Ray Technology and B.Sc (Medical Lab Technology) and also have a minimum 1-year post-qualification experience in a relevant discipline.
What is the retirement age in HAL?
Last time under the National Democratic Alliance government, the company increased its retirement age from 58 to 60 years. So, The extension by the employees was known as ‘Vajpayee Seva’.
What is the salary of a HAL Trainee?
So, The minimum salary in Hindustan Aeronautics depends on the role you are applying for. The minimum salary for an Apprentice Trainee is ₹0.9 Lakh per annum, for a Graduate Apprenticeship Trainee the minimum salary is ₹1.1 Lakh per annum and so on.
Can I join HAL after the 12th?
The age eligibility of HAL for both Design and Management Trainee posts states that the age of the candidates should be up to 28 years. Also, Essential Educational Qualification is Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology or its equivalent (Full Time) (4 years after 10+2) in a relevant discipline.
What is the Salary of HAL Graduate Apprentice?
How much does an apprentice earn in Hindustan Aeronautics Limited in India? Also, The average Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Apprentice monthly salary in India is approximately ₹ 35,000, which is 174% higher than the national average.
What is the scope of HAL?
HAL’s spectrum of expertise includes design. So, development, manufacture, repair, overhaul and upgrade of aircraft, helicopters, aero-engines, industrial and marine gas turbines, and accessories. So, Avionics and systems, and structural components for satellites and launch vehicles.
Is Hal a PSU?
Also, Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL) is an Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company headquartered in Bangalore, India.