FIR Full Form is the First Information Report. FIR may be a document prepare by the police once they receive information about the commission of a cognizable offence. It generally a complaint lodged with the police by the victim of a cognizable offence or by someone on his/her behalf.
FIR stands for First Information Report. It’s a document prepare by Police once they receive information a few cognizable offences.
In a cognizable offence, a policeman has an authority to form an arrest without warrant. FIR Full Form is the First Information Report.
It is a complaint generally file by the victim or somebody else on his/her behalf. When the FIR registered by the Police, a signed copy additionally given to the victim or an equivalent one that filed the FIR. Police cannot refuse to register an FIR because it is against the law.
Also Read: IPS Full Form
An FIR may be a vital document because it helps within the process of criminal justice. Only after the FIR registered, the Police can start the investigation. Once an FIR registered, the content of the FIR cannot change except by a ruling from the supreme court or Supreme court of India.
The information within the FIR register maintained at every police headquarters. An FIR page contains the subsequent information.
- Victim’s name or the name of the one that reports the complaint
- Name and outline of the offender (if known)
- Description of the offence
- Place and time of the offence
- Witnesses, if any.
Rules to file an FIR:
- Anyone can file an FIR who knows about the commission of the cognizable offence.
- Police must write it down when the knowledge about the commission of the cognizable offence given orally.
- The victim or the one that is filing the complaint has the proper to demand that the knowledge record by police be read to him/her.
- Once the knowledge recorded, it must sign by the person giving the knowledge. If the person cannot write, he or she will put the left thumb impression on the document.
- After filing the FIR, you ought to take the copy of FIR. It’s you right to invite the copy of FIR freed from cost if the police don’t provide it to you. FIR Full Form is the First Information Report.
When is an FIR filed?
FIR filed just for cognizable offences (those offences during which police doesn’t require any warrant to arrest). Consistent with it, the police have the proper to arrest the accused person and investigate into the matter. If an offence isn’t cognizable, the FIR not file and during this case, the action isn’t possible without the intervention of the court.
How is an FIR filed?
There are 3 ways to file an FIR:
- The victim can directly approach the police headquarters and may file an FIR through his oral or written statement.
- FIR often filed thorough investigation of the knowledge received via PCR call.
- After receiving information of an offence, the Duty Officer of the police headquarters sends ASI to the location, ASI writes a coupon (a short report) after recording the statements of the witness. Supported this short report, the police file an FIR. This method followed just for heinous crimes.