DIG Full Form Is Deputy Inspector General. Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) is a rank in the Indian Police, just below the Inspector General of Police. It is a rank-held officer of the Indian Police Service, who had successfully serv as Senior Superintendent of Police or Deputy Commissioner of Police (Selection Grade) and promotions to this rank.
This is a one-star rank in the Indian Police Service. It is a rank senior to Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) or Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP). An officer holding this post works under an Inspector General of Police (IG) or a Joint Commissioner of Police. This is the post of an IPS officer who has 3 stars on his uniform.
- 1 Functions of DIG
- 2 Job Relationship with District Magistrate
- 3 How to become a DIG
- 4 Eligibility criteria
- 5 Salary Of DIG
- 6 Exam pattern of DIG
- 7 Government facilities received by DIG
- 8 FAQ On DIG Full Form
Functions of DIG
The Deputy Inspector General of Police assists the Inspector General of Police in the supervision and control of the police force in his area. He has certain powers to maintain efficiency and discipline in the police force in his area and reports the result to the Inspector General of Police.
Job Relationship with District Magistrate
The Deputy Inspector General of Police acts as the representative of the Inspector General of Police on his behalf, while he deals with the District Magistrate. He resolves the cases which are within his competence and forwards the remaining cases to the opinion of the Inspector General of Police. If there is any difference of opinion between the DIG and the District Magistrate, the matter is referred to the Inspector General of Police and he proves the final solution or decision.
How to become a DIG
The candidate who wants to become a DIG must first appear in the Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC. After clearing the exam, the candidate becomes an IPS officer and undergoes specified training as an IPS officer. When an IPS officer completes the training, he is appointed as an Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) or an Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP). Later, based on experience, track record, and performance, they promote to the rank of Superintendent of Police (SP), then to the rank of Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), and then to the rank of Deputy. Inspector-General of Police (DIG).
उम्मीदवार जो डीआईजी बनना चाहते हैं, उन्हें पहले यूपीएससी द्वारा आयोजित सिविल सेवा परीक्षा में शामिल होना होगा। परीक्षा पास करने के बाद, उम्मीदवार एक IPS अधिकारी बन जाता है और एक IPS अधिकारी के रूप में विशिष्ट प्रशिक्षण प्राप्त करता है। जब एक आईपीएस अधिकारी प्रशिक्षण पूरा करता है, तो उसे सहायक पुलिस आयुक्त (एसीपी) या सहायक पुलिस अधीक्षक (एएसपी) के रूप में नियुक्त किया जाता है। बाद में, अनुभव, ट्रैक रिकॉर्ड और प्रदर्शन के आधार पर, उन्हें पुलिस अधीक्षक (एसपी) के पद पर पदोन्नत किया जाता है, फिर वरिष्ठ पुलिस अधीक्षक (एसएसपी) के पद पर, और फिर उप के पद पर पदोन्नत किया जाता है। पुलिस महानिरीक्षक (डीआईजी)।
Nationality of the candidate:- Candidate should fulfill any one of the following criteria:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- And the candidate must be a citizen of Nepal.
- Also, the candidate must be a citizen of Bhutan.
- The candidate must be a Tibetan refugee who has come to India with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Candidate must be of Indian origin and have come to India from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam. To settle in India.
Also Read:- CCE Full Form
Educational Qualification:- Candidates appearing in UPSC Civil Services Examination must fulfill the following educational qualifications
- The candidate must have a valid Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.
- And A candidate who has completed a technical bachelor’s degree recognized by the Government of India is also eligible to appear in the UPSC exam.
- Candidates who have passed the MBBS end semester exam but are currently in their internship can appear for the UPSC exam.
- Age Limit for UPSC and Number of Attempts:- The following table provides the details of the age limit and the number of attempts for UPSC.
Salary Of DIG
DIG is a respectable post in the Indian Police Department. If you want to know how much is the monthly salary of DIG, then friends tell you that the salary of DIG used to be up to one lakh rupees. Apart from this, many facilities like separate vehicles, drivers, and accommodation are given to the DIG by the government.
DIG भारतीय पुलिस विभाग में एक सम्मानजनक पद है। अगर आप जानना चाहते हैं कि DIG की मंथली सैलरी कितनी है तो दोस्तों आपको बता दें कि DIG की सैलरी एक लाख रुपये तक हुआ करती थी. इसके अलावा सरकार की ओर से डीआईजी को अलग से वाहन, ड्राइवर और आवास जैसी कई सुविधाएं दी जाती हैं।
Exam pattern of DIG
To become a DIG, you have to clear anyone exam conducted by UPSC or State PSC. Let us tell you that the exam of DIG conducting in three phases in which Prelims in the first phase, Mains in the second phase, and interviews in the third phase. After passing all three stages, there is a physical test.
Apart from this, you get only a limited amount of effort in these exams. As in the UPSC exam, general category candidates can make up to 6 attempts while OBC candidates can make 9 attempts, and SC/ST candidates can attempt unlimited attempts up to 37 years of age.
My Bangalore Mart, Large Scale Industries, E-Aadhar Card Download App; Scholarship.gov.in, Sanjay Leela Bhansali Contact, Digitize India, Stockx.com; List of 2018 Hollywood Adventures Films, Aahar Jharkhand.
Government facilities received by DIG
- The officer of the DIG post gets government accommodation that has adequate amenities.
- DIG gets a maximum salary up to ₹ 2,16,600/- and grade pay of ₹ 8,900/-.
- As security to the DIG officer, security guards are given to the government who post outside the DIG’s house.
- DIG is given a government vehicle and driver by the government.
- Many medical benefits are given by the government to DIGs and their relatives.
- After retiring from his service, the DIG is given a lifelong pension by the government as an honor.
FAQ On DIG Full Form
What is the power of DIG?
The DIGs are effective and have many powers to maintain discipline in the police in their area. The DIG has to report to the IGP. Duty of DIG to work in collaboration with District Magistrate to handle certain incidents.
DIG Full Form: Who is High DIG or DGP?
Who has more power – DIG or DSP? The highest post in the police administration is that of the Director-General of Police (DGP). A DGP is the head of the police of the entire state. Meanwhile, the Deputy Inspector General of Police i.e. DIG is the second number officer in the police of one zone.
Who is the Senior DIG or IG?
DIG stands for Deputy Inspector General. This is a one-star rank in the Indian Police Service. It is a rank senior to Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) or Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP). The officer holding this post works under the Inspector General of Police (IG) or Joint Commissioner of Police.