CRPF Full Form:- The full form of CRPF is Central Reserve, Police Force. The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) earns the name of being the largest of the Central; Armed Police Forces of India. It works under the aegis of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India.
The CRPF is primarily responsible for assisting the State/UT in police operations for maintaining law; order and peace and counter-insurgency. It has been leading anti-Naxal operations in the last five years and has achieved remarkable milestones.
सीआरपीएफ का फुल फॉर्म सेंट्रल रिजर्व, पुलिस फोर्स है। केंद्रीय रिजर्व पुलिस बल (सीआरपीएफ) भारत के केंद्रीय सशस्त्र पुलिस बलों में सबसे बड़ा होने का नाम कमाता है। यह भारत सरकार के गृह मंत्रालय (एमएचए) के तत्वावधान में काम करता है।
सीआरपीएफ मुख्य रूप से कानून, व्यवस्था और शांति बनाए रखने और उग्रवाद का मुकाबला करने के लिए पुलिस संचालन में राज्य / केंद्रशासित प्रदेश की सहायता के लिए जिम्मेदार है। यह पिछले पांच वर्षों में नक्सल विरोधी अभियानों का नेतृत्व कर रहा है और उल्लेखनीय मील के पत्थर हासिल किए हैं।
CRPF Full Form- A Brief History
The CRPF; essentially formed as the Crown Representative Police in 1939, is one of the oldest central paramilitary forces (now known as the Central Armed Police Forces). The CRPF was formed in response to political unrest and rebellion in the then princely; states of India following the Madras Resolution of the All India Congress Committee in 1936 and the rise of the Crown Representative to help the vast majority of native states as part of the imperial; happened. happened. Desire Policy. Maintaining law and order as a part.
After independence, the force was renamed as Central Reserve Police Force by an Act of Parliament on 28 December 1949. This act formed the CRPF as the Armed Force of the Union. The then Home Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel had envisioned a multi-faceted role for it to suit the changing needs of a newly independent nation.
The CRPF Rules envisaged in the CRPF Act were framed in 1955 and published in the Gazette of India on March 25, 1955. Shri V.G.Kanetkar was appointed as the first Director General of CRPF. Since then it has been working tirelessly to make India a better place. place of peace.
CRPF- Roles and Responsibilities
The primary role of CRPF is to assist the government in maintaining the rule of law, internal security, and public order efficiently. To ensure national integrity and promote social harmony and development while maintaining the supremacy of the Constitution.
The broad duties being performed by CRPF are:
- controlling the crowd.
- So, Riot Control.
- Counter Militancy / Insurgency Operations.
- Tackling Left Wing Extremism.
- Extensive coordination of security arrangements especially in relation to elections in disturbed areas.
- An enemy fighting in a war situation.
- Participate in UN peacekeeping missions as per Govt Policy.
- Rescue and relief work during natural calamities and calamities.
Also Read:- SAP Full Form…Read More
The CRPF Full Form
- The name CRPF is derived from the Crown Representative Police (CRP); which was established on 27 July 1939 to protect the British people living in sensitive states of India.
- In 1949; the name of CRP was changed to CRPF under the CRPF Act.
- Also; On 21 October 1959; Chinese soldiers attacked a small CRPF patrol and 10 out of 20 CRPF personnel laid down their lives for the country. In honor of the martyrdom of these soldiers, October 21 is remembered as Police Commemoration Day.
- Most of the state police battalions were merged with the CRPF in the 1960s.
- Till 1965, the CRPF was guarding the India-Pakistan border, later the BSF was deployed to guard the border.
- It played an important role in curbing terrorist activities in Punjab during the 1980s and insurgency in Tripura during the 1990s.
- So; in 1992; a special unit of CRPF (Rapid Action Force) was formed by converting 10 unattached battalions of CRPF to deal with riots.
- In 1986, the first all-women battalion was formed in the CRPF, 88 (M) Battalion, to handle the women’s movements.
- So, the Indian Parliament attack, the CRPF killed all five terrorists involved in the attack. In the same year, it was India’s premier internal security force.
- In 2008, the Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA), a special unit of the CRPF, was creat to counter Naxalite operations.
FAQs on CRPF Full Form
What is the duty of CRPF?
Also, the broad duty of CRPF is crowd control. riot control. Counter Militancy / Insurgency Operations.
Are CRPF and Army one and the same?
That CRPF has Rapid Action Force (RAF) and Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (COBRA) working under it. The task of the Indian Army is to defend the Indian borders from terrorism and external threats posed by the armed forces of hostile nations.
Which forces come under CRPF?
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF):
Also; the Central Reserve Police comprises The Rapid Action Force (RAF); a 15-battalion anti-riot force trained to respond to communal violence. Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (COBRA), a 10-battalion-strong anti-Naxal/COIN force.
Is CRPF a good job?
So, that CRPF has 4.5 out of 5 ratings based on 141 reviews from employees on Ambitionbox. CRPF is known for job security which is ranked at the top and rated 4.7. However; Career Growth 4.0 is the lowest and can be improv.
Which is the best Army or CRPF?
The Indian Army scored high in 8 areas: overall rating; culture and values, work-life balance; senior management; compensation and benefits; career opportunities; recommendation of a friend, and positive business outlook.
Also Read:- NDA Full Form…Read More
How can I join CRPF?
Also; the national level exam conducted by UPSC conducts a standardized exam for various forces for the recruitment of Assistant Commandants. The recruitment; of Assistant; Commandants in the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) for the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) is done annually.
Can CRPF join Indian Army?
We are hopeful that an officer of CRPF may also; join the Army or any other armed force like in this case. CRPF from time to time offers vacancies for various armed forces officers and state officials to join its engineering wing.