CRISIL Full Form is Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited. It is a global analytical company that provides ratings, research and risk, and policy advisory services. Its headquarter is in Mumbai, India. Standard & Poor’s (S&P) is the majority shareholder of CRISIL, hence it is also called Standard & Poor’s Company. As of 2017, Ms. Ashu Suyash is the MD and CEO of the company.
CRISIL’s analytics and solutions help investors, lenders, borrowers, and regulators make the right decisions. It helps customers to manage risks and generate more revenue by making the right decisions related to products, services, and pricing. It also promotes economic development in emerging markets by shaping public policies on infrastructure in these areas.
क्रिसिल का फुल फॉर्म क्रेडिट रेटिंग इंफॉर्मेशन सर्विसेज ऑफ इंडिया लिमिटेड है। यह एक वैश्विक विश्लेषणात्मक कंपनी है जो रेटिंग, अनुसंधान और जोखिम और नीति सलाहकार सेवाएं प्रदान करती है। इसका मुख्यालय मुंबई, भारत में है। स्टैंडर्ड एंड पूअर्स (एसएंडपी) क्रिसिल का बहुसंख्यक शेयरधारक है, इसलिए इसे स्टैंडर्ड एंड पूअर्स कंपनी भी कहा जाता है। 2017 तक, सुश्री आशु सुयश कंपनी के एमडी और सीईओ हैं।
क्रिसिल के विश्लेषण और समाधान निवेशकों, उधारदाताओं, उधारकर्ताओं और नियामकों को सही निर्णय लेने में मदद करते हैं। यह ग्राहकों को उत्पादों, सेवाओं और मूल्य निर्धारण से संबंधित सही निर्णय लेने के द्वारा जोखिमों का प्रबंधन करने और अधिक राजस्व उत्पन्न करने में मदद करता है। यह इन क्षेत्रों में बुनियादी ढांचे पर सार्वजनिक नीतियों को आकार देकर उभरते बाजारों में आर्थिक विकास को भी बढ़ावा देता है।
- 1 Who Serves CRISIL
- 2 Brief History Of CRISIL
- 3 CRISIL Full Form: Operation Of CRISIL
- 4 CRISIL Functions
- 5 CRISIL Full Form: CRISIL Rating
Who Serves CRISIL
CRISIL serves the entire spectrum of financial services players from major commercial and investment banks, insurance companies, consulting firms, private equity players, asset management companies to small companies and investors. The company also works with the governments and policy-makers of a country. So It helps its clients to make better investment and business decisions.
Also Read:- BDMS Full Form
Brief History Of CRISIL
- CRISIL was incorporated and promoted by Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India Limited (ICICI) and Unit Trust of India Limited (UTI) in 1987.
- In 1989, it became the first rating agency to rate the commercial paper program.
- And In 1992, it became the first rating agency to rate the asset-backed securities and debt instruments of banks and other financial institutions.
- 1992, it also provided technical support to an Israeli securities rating company, Malaysia Berhad and Malot.
- In 1996, it entered into a strategic alliance with Standard & Poor’s to develop its skills and processes.
- In May 2005, Standard & Poor’s became a majority shareholder of CRISIL and CRISIL became a Standard & Poor’s company.
- 2010, it introduced the Real Estate Star Rating.
- In 2011, it launched education grading, solar grading, and the Gold and Gilt Index.
- In 2012, it acquired a UK-based company that provides analytics to global investment banks.
- 2013, it launched the CRISIL Foundation to raise financial awareness and efforts to conserve the environment.
- In 2014, it conducted India’s first commercial mortgage-backed securities valuation and introduced a fund manageability rating for mutual funds.
- In 2015, it again launched a program related to environmental protection through employee volunteering.
CRISIL Full Form: Operation Of CRISIL
- CRISIL’s analysis and solutions help creditors, borrowers, lenders, and executives make the right financial decisions.
- It enables consumers to generate more revenue by assessing risk as well as making accurate service, product, and pricing decisions
- It facilitates economic development in growing markets by influencing public infrastructure policies in such areas.
- CRISIL emphasizes inefficiency, transparency, teamwork, and honesty.
- CRISIL’s mission is to incorporate critical ideas, prosecutable knowledge as well as a positive solution.
- It has wide application in developing and providing comprehensive ratings.
- It believes in excellence, teamwork, integrity, and accountability to run Rating’s ethical business.
- Does business in eight countries consisting of India, China, Hong Kong, Poland, Argentina, Singapore, the USA, and the UK.
- Currently, it serves 86 countries, with a customer base of 100,000.
- It reduces the substantial level of information asymmetry prevailing in the financial markets.
- Therefore, as a credit rating agency, it provides essential support to consulting businesses, financial services, commercial and investment banks, insurance companies, asset management corporations, and private equity players.
- It provides independent insight and opinion, which in turn leads to a creative solution.
- It facilitates the business to make comprehensive and decisive business and investment decisions.
- Additionally helps the small lenders in getting the right borrowings and allows them to make the right business decisions.
- To arrive at a comprehensive rating, the agency conducts extensive due diligence and financial analysis.
- The process of due diligence may involve gathering information from multiple research-based websites, followed by a meeting with top management.
CRISIL Full Form: CRISIL Rating
- The rating agency provides both long-term and short-term ratings.
- Ratings start with AAA and end at SD.
- It provides credit ratings for long-term scale, short-term scale, structured finance, credit growth, fixed deposit scale, corporate credit scale, etc.
- The agency’s rating logic will focus on drivers that establish ratings, recent news, and developments, updates on business performance, credit factors, and key performance indicators.
- To complement the rationale, this financial note provides the risk profile of a business.
- The AAA rating is of the highest order and indicates that borrowers make payments on time. This ensures that the issuer makes payments on time.
- The AA rating is the rating that indicates an issued instrument is of low risk, and that it makes timely payments on its dues.
- An A rating is a rating that indicates an issued instrument is of low risk and has adequate protection with minor lapses in servicing obligations.
- BB rating is the rating that indicates that the instrument issued is of very high risk and may default.
- The C rating is the rating in which the instrument can be considered as a highly risky instrument and has a high probability of default.
- This rating of D indicates that the issuer of the financial instrument has defaulted on its payable obligations.
- It also applies the SD rating, which indicates that the financial
- The issuer of the instrument has defaulted on select asset classes.
What is CRISIL’s job?
CRISIL Limited is a global analytical company providing ratings, research and risk, and policy advisory services. The company is India’s leading rating agency. They are also a leading provider of high-level research for the world’s largest banks and major corporations.
क्रिसिल लिमिटेड एक वैश्विक विश्लेषणात्मक कंपनी है जो रेटिंग, अनुसंधान और जोखिम और नीति सलाहकार सेवाएं प्रदान करती है। कंपनी भारत की अग्रणी रेटिंग एजेंसी है। वे दुनिया के सबसे बड़े बैंकों और प्रमुख निगमों के लिए उच्च स्तरीय अनुसंधान के अग्रणी प्रदाता भी हैं।
Who founded CRISIL?
CRISIL, India’s first credit rating agency to be included on the 29th day of the month, was promoted by the erstwhile ICICI Limited along with UTI and other financial institutions. Mr. N Vaghul and Mr. Pradeep Shah are the first Chairman and Managing Director of CRISIL respectively.
क्रिसिल, भारत की पहली क्रेडिट रेटिंग एजेंसी, जिसे महीने के 29वें दिन शामिल किया गया था, को तत्कालीन आईसीआईसीआई लिमिटेड ने यूटीआई और अन्य वित्तीय संस्थानों के साथ बढ़ावा दिया था। श्री एन वाघुल और श्री प्रदीप शाह क्रमशः क्रिसिल के पहले अध्यक्ष और प्रबंध निदेशक हैं।
CRISIL Full Form: What is CRISIL UPSC?
The full form of CRISIL is Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited. CRISIL is an Indian consulting firm that provides ratings, analysis, risk, and policy advice and is an arm of S&P Global, an American corporation.
Also Read:- OP Full Form
Is CRISIL an Indian company?
CRISIL (formerly Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited) is an Indian analytical company that provides rating, research, and risk and policy advisory services and is a subsidiary of the American company S&P Global.
What is CRISIL Ranking?
The ranks are given on a scale of 1 to 5, with CRISIL Fund Rank 1 indicating ‘Very Good Performing’. In any peer group, the top 10 percentile of the fund is ranked as CRISIL Fund Rank 1 and the next 20 percent as CRISIL Fund Rank 2.